Saturday, October 27, 2012

First Solitary Trip

Me waiting at the Meadowview Station,
in my awesome pink sneakers <3
It was nice to spend today alone by myself, away from the usual home, school, family and friends. As I had written from the last post, I decided to explore part of my town (Sacramento) with the public transit system. I set out late in the morning and started from the station closest to my home. It was actually rather quiet and empty there.




It's not anything new, I've ridden the transit and buses here many times before. I just haven't done so alone nor taken time to enjoy it fully. There is one thing that I would complain about Sacramento's transit system, it doesn't run on a concrete time schedule. It leaves the transit's arrival time to be random and means that you could end up waiting half an hour to an a hour for your train due to delays: the weather, slow downs, or even laziness from the conductor. Other then that, it's a decent way to get around town.


My stop, downtown K Street.

There were many stops along the way but I decided to get off on K Street based on whims. This street's very close to my heart, it's filled with so many childhood memories. I remember going here for music concert performances in middle school, high school civic/cultural assignments and fun hangouts with friends. It's a very beautiful street and surprising very calm and tranquil for being in the middle of the city. I walked down more, taking pics of the shops that line the street(new and old).






The Old Crest Theater
Cathedral of Blessed Sacrament



















This is my favorite picture.
Yes it's taken right in the middle of the street but there wasn't any traffic despite the green traffic light.
So I continued down until I reached the end of K Street, which was the Sacramento Convention Center. I remember attending a Greek festival there with friends in my junior year of high school. Which has got to be one of the most random thing I did that year. It  hasn't changed at all, except for the blue trunk trees that seemed to have been painted recently. 




I turned back around and headed west onto a different street, it took me to Downtown Plaza (a little strip mall). It felt so nostalgic walking through. Many of the stores I remember as a kid weren't there anymore (where's the old candy shop?) but the fountain, elevators/escalators, color, art and the layout of the place was the same as it were before. I walked above on the second floor and watched an alter/rock band play from below. It was exactly at the same place I had performed twice with my school's band in middle school. 




I had lunch and kept listening while I thought about the trip: where I traveled and everything I saw. As I continued thinking, I slowly got consumed by a kind of loneliness. I was thinking of someone, how wonderful it'll be to spend it with him. I'll get used to the lonely feeling, cause I'll probably need to. If I can't, I'll just drag a friend along with me and make it a couple or group trip. I didn't stay too long and headed back (taking the transit back home). I think I'll explore more of Sac and maybe even go to the next city Folsom. That'll be for another weekend though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment