Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pineapple Orange Cake


I'm going to do something a little different for today's post, I do blog about almost anything. My dearest had suggested me to do some food/recipe blogging a while back and this here will be the first. It's a relatively simple cake recipe that I learned to do when I was 12 from my aunt Paj. A very light fruity cake that's perfect to enjoy anytime. I prefer it in the cupcake version more (it's the same, I just like cupcakes more) but I did the cake version here for you guys.

*Be sure to pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees*

Pineapple Orange Cake Ingredients

Cake batter:
1 package yellow cake mix (butter recipe)
1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
4 egg whites (beatened)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce *can be substituted 1/2 cup of oil*
Topping:
1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
1 package (3.5 ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 carton (8 ounces) Cool-Whip

I know it say's pineapple chunks, I didn't use that can.
Make sure you use crushed pineapple for the topping!
















Pineapple Orange Cake Directions

1. Mix the cake mix with the applesauce and oranges. 

2. Beat up the egg whites until it's slightly stiff and fluffy. Fold in the egg whites until it's all incorporated.

3. Bake it for 30-40 mins (it will greatly depend on your oven but it's ready when the center's firm and it's a golden yellow color).

4. For the topping, mix in the rushed pineapple(juice and all) with the pudding mix first then fold in the cool-whip.

5. Frost the cake with the topping after cake cools and leave in the refrigerator for an hour to set. After that, garnish it as you like eat :)


No comments:

Post a Comment